Saturday, April 1, 2006

My Day

Let me start off with a Mathew update:

Mathew's tooth is breaking through on the other side. I can see a little white cap and feel a sharp edge. He's also on his hands and knees ready to crawl, but hasn't quite figured out how to move his hands forward. Today was his last day of mommy and me class (for 0 – 3 months). In class today, he did the cutest thing. He was in this play area with another girl and he kept reaching for her. The cute part was that he was reaching for her with his mouth open like he wanted to kiss her. He would finally grab her shirt and put his mouth on her. I think he just wanted to put her in his mouth like he puts everything else in his mouth, but I'd like to think he was giving her kisses (get your mind out of the gutter- we're talking about babies here). Anyway, he loves these classes so I signed him up for the next session 6 – 9 months.

After class, my girlfriend (Lauren) and I went to the spa. I got a manicure and pedicure. The place was nice. It was relaxing not having to worry and tend to someone else (even if it was only for a couple of hours). I need more time like that.

My girlfriend (Carrie) and I had an enlightening conversation about men tonight. Without going into many details, we believe all men come with broken parts. Being in a relationship is hard work, and I think it's worth it. It's a women's job to sculpt the broken pieces. My husband calls it nagging. Ha! No really, some things come easy while other things are real difficult. But you get through them as a couple by communicating openly and honestly. No relationship is perfect or what you expect it to be. All relationships will have its downs, but think you wouldn't get to enjoy the ride back up. So take the downs in strides and enjoy the ride back up! Love is worth it all!

Before I go to milk the cow, let me leave you with these quotes I found about marriage:

Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. ~Barnett R. Brickner

More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. ~Doug Larson

In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. ~Robert Anderson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin