Sunday, April 16, 2006

Expectations

Expectation
n 1: belief about (or mental picture of) the future [syn: outlook, prospect] 2: wishing with confidence of fulfillment [syn: anticipation] 3: the feeling that something is about to happen

In relationships, expectations are just a wasteful feeling. For example, when you expect flowers and get them, there is no amazement, just a prepared feeling. When you expect flowers and don't get them, there is just disappointment. BUT, when you don't expect flowers and you get them, there is great feeling of astonishment and wonder.

In relationships, its better not to have any expectations.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

By the way, for those of you wondering, lets just say the date was not what I expected.

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
'Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed'

Happy Easter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin