Friday, April 28, 2006

Girls Gone Wild

Second go around with the girls (This is actually my third time seeing Kenny live).

Last year around this time, two girlfriends and I went to the Kenny Chesney Concert (Somewhere in the Sun Tour 2005). I was several months pregnant and showing big time. This concert was a landmark moment in my pregnancy. Baby kicked for the first time. I believe this concert laid the groundwork for what later became Mathews favorite music. Several months old, Mathew would fall asleep in my arms every night. Some nights he fell asleep in my arms as we danced together to his music, country music mixed with the sounds of seashore. One year later, Kenny is back in town and the girls reunite (with additional chicas).

The girls rounded up at Chilis for some finger foods and drinks. Chowing away, mingling, flirting, and guzzling down drinks, the night started off right. When we made it to the arena for The Road & The Radio Tour 2006, the girls split up. Two went to the bathroom, two went to get more drinks, and the other two had seats in another section. We all gathered back to Section 101, Row 3 (courtesy of my husband's connections). The seats were so close to the stage we could smell Kenny's sweat. Okay, maybe not that close, but we were so damn close. The fat guy in front of us took up two seats and obstructed our views at certain angles. Otherwise, the view was amazing. Camera phone pictures to prove it (forgot the disposable camera in the car).

We missed most of the first opening act, Sugarland. So I can't comment too much about that. The second act was Dierks Bentley. He is such a soulful and passionate performer. Singing with deep emotions; "I'll Settle for a Slowdown", "Lot of Leavin' Left to Do," and "What was I Thinkin'". And the one song that just got me all hot and bothered was "Come a Little Closer." That was so sexy and hot! Yummy!

Then, the one we all came for Kenny Chesney. His grand entrance got us all to our feet, never sitting back down. There we were standing the whole time in our jeans and cowboy boots, dancing and singing to his songs: "Summertime," "Anything But Mine," "I Go Back," "Keg in the Closet," "The Woman with You," "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems," "Old Blue Chair," "Living in Fast Forward," "Beer in Mexico," "Island Boy," "The Good Stuff," and so much more.

I had moments of tears and pimply bumps throughout my body when he sang "There Goes My Life" and "Who You'd Be Today."

We also got a special treat with the appearance of Uncle Cracker. He and Kenny goofing around on stage like little boys. Singing songs and ad-libbing the words to "When the Sun Goes Down," such as "Uncle Kenny's hotter when the sun goes down." Uncle Cracker even added a diss to Kennys ex-wife, Renee Zellweger. The crowd went wild! It was great.

The highlight of the night: "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" started playing, I got so excited (one of my favorite songs of his), I stood up on my chair, screaming and flailing my arms up in the air. Kenny spotted me in the crowd being 3 feet taller, points to me and says "I love you too!" woo-hoo!!!!! What a feeling! Kenny loves me!!!! That was awesome! I screamed like a teenage schoolgirl with a crush on a superstar.

Kenny rocked the house!

The result of last nights outing: red eyes, scratchy voice, sore feet, and exhaustion. But this time it was ALL worth the girls night out!

Before I go, let me invite you to take a chance on a genre you may have stereotyped before:
Visit and watch the videos of the songs aforementioned. Let the music enrapture your body and soul. Read the lyrics. And just feel the music. Let me know how your experience goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin