Friday, April 21, 2006

My Happy Place

Remember the movie Happy Gilmore? Great Movie! Remember when Chubbs was teaching Gilmore how to let go of his anger in order to putt better. Chubbs told him to picture a perfect place where all his anger would disappear.

My Happy Place:
I am lying on my back, looking up at the crystal blue sky. I'm under the shade of a mammoth oak tree. The field around me is an ocean of green with yellow wildflowers sprouting everywhere. I close my eyes and relax. I take deep breaths; slow methodical breaths. You can see my chest and stomach rise and fall. I focus on relaxing each body part, one at a time; head, shoulders, arms, hands, all the way down my body. My body slowly floats amidst this field of wildflowers. The more I breathe, the more relaxed I feel and I just drift away. This is my happy place!

~ my mental get-away
~ my peaceful retreat
~ where I go when I'm unhappy
~ what I dream of to relax my tension (anxiety attacks)

This Happy Place is also similar to my Rest In Peace place...more on that place next time.

Before I go, let me leave you with my favorite quotes from Happy Gilmore:
"The price is wrong, bitch."
Shooter McGavin: "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast."
Happy Gilmore: "You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go home? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your home? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS BALL!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin