Monday, April 3, 2006

Just Friends

First about yesterday:

Michael took Mathew in the morning so I could sleep in. I had to ask for that, but at least he complied. It was nice sleeping in for once. Sleeping in for me is till 9am. Sick, huh? Remember back in the days when sleeping in was till at least noon. I don't think I can ever sleep that late now. Anyhoot, when I woke up I baked some cupcakes (chocolate of course) for our friends. We went to their house to eat, swim, and be merry. Mathew absolutely loved the pool. We bought him this kiddie float with a canopy, it was so cute. He was in the float and kicking his feet like crazy. Pictures coming soon. Mathew also got to play with another one of his girlfriends, Sophie. She is about 7 months and they adored each other. It is so cute seeing two babies interact with each other.

Now to this morning: his tooth is completely showing now. Its the lower front left tooth. Its so cute, but he still wont let you see it. Every time I try to lower his bottom lip, he sticks his tongue out. :-)~

An old friend found me on myspace yesterday. I was so excited. I knew David back in high school. I met him freshmen year, and he came into my math class, and I told him he could sit next to me. I helped him out with his English, he is from Brazil. He had a crush on me that year, and then I had a crush on him the next year, then vice versa one more time. We never dated, because we never liked each other at the same time, but we were always friends. Anyway, we agreed one year that if we didnt have someone for prom, we would go together. We ended up going to prom together, still we never hooked up or anything. Just good friends!

Some people think there is no such thing as a platonic friendship. I agree to an extent. For a male and a female to become platonic friends, they must first pass a certain stage. In every male and female friendship, there is some physical attraction (one to the other or sometimes both). So you can either date and fail in the relationship or admit your attraction to the other and face the rejection of I only like you as a friend. And only then can you get pass the failed attempt of a relationship and become just friends.

And then there is the story of Michael and me: To make a long story short, we went on a date, had a great time, but I decided not to continue dating him (I found out he had a girlfriend back home). After a couple months passed Michael wanted to be at least just friends and hang out. So we did. I dated here and there. But after a couple of months of just friends it turned into friends with benefits. And after another couple of months of friends with benefits, I told him that I could not continue being just friends with benefits. We had to take the next step forward or be just friends with no benefits. The rest is history. we took the next step forward and here we are today with a beautiful son.

Before I go, let me leave you with the lyrics of a song that rang true to us when Michael and I were just friends:

If you can find it, try to listen to it; it's a beautiful song.

What If I Said by Anita Cochran & Steve Wariner

We've been friends for a long long time
You tell me your secrets and I'll tell you mine
She's left you all alone
And you feel like no one cares
But I have never failed you
I've always been there

You tell your story
It sounds a bit like mine
It's the same old situation
It happens every time
Can't we see it oh maybe you and me
Is what's meant to be
Do we disagree

What if I told you what if I said that I love you
How would you feel what would you think
What would we do
Do we dare to cross that line between your heart and mine
Or would I lose a friend or find a love that would never end
What if I said

She doesn't love you oh it's' plain to see
I can read between the lines of what you're telling me
He doesn't hold you the way a woman should be held
How long can I go on keeping these feelings to myself

What if I told you what if I said that I love you
How would you feel what would you think
What would we do
Do we dare to cross that line between your heart and mine
Or would I lose a friend or find a love that would never end
What if I said

Oh we've both had our share of lonliness
So whose to say that we can't have a little happiness
And if I found that in you
It would make my dreams come true
Or would you walk away
Hear what I have to say

What if I told you what if I said that I love you
How would you feel what would you think
What would we do

Do we dare to cross that line between your heart and mine
I've always wondered from the day we met
What if I said

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin