Friday, April 7, 2006

On My Mind

Some people say I think too much. I like thinking. It gets in the way sometimes, but I like to think, it's a major quality about me that I like. My mind is like the energizer bunny, it keeps giong and going. It never stops.

It takes a while for me to fall asleep because I always have something on my mind. Whether it's profound, silly, scary, or simple...there's always something. I guess that's why it's easy for me to write these blogs, I always have soemthing to say. Anyone who knows me knows I have a lot on my mind (and that I talk a lot - ha ). Please stop me if my blog topics suck or if I get too weird. I don't want to lose all my readers.

I love long drives by myself. It's the best alone time for thinking (trips to Carrie's house were the best 4 hours). The music blaring and my mind wanders and just drifts away.

Television. it's the best non-thinking time...it actually relaxes me. My husband says "it's mindless." which is exactly why I love it...I get to stop thinking. TV does all the thinking and imagining for you, it frees my mind temporarily. This is my veg mode. It's not a great medium for creative thinking, but sometimes you just don't want to think.

I read...I read a lot. Fiction mostly. Reading pushes my mind into more deep thoughts and endless possibilities. Scary...like I need more to think about.

I can't imagine how it would be to have nothing on my mind. You know when someone has that far away look in their eyes, you can't help but wonder what they're thinking...I always ask. Some people say "nothing." How can that be? Are they lying? Do they not realize what's on their mind. I dunno...it's too weird for me.

Before I go, let me ask you:
What's on your mind?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin