Monday, April 2, 2007

What? I can't hear ya!

My left ear got slammed by a blue Penn racquetball ball earlier today. Ouch! The shot to my ear sent me flying to the ground on my back. It left me with a nice stinging and ringing in my ear. After the throbbing pain subsided it went numb and quiet. It was beat red and all the sounds around me went hollow. And all the while I was cracking up. As I sit here, I can feel the bump/bruise exactly where my glasses landed and I still can't help but laugh. Especially when a few points later, I got one in the ass!

For those of you that don't know, I used to play high school and college tennis and was pretty damn good at it. I got challenged to a tennis match from these two guys at work. I played doubles with them (I had no partner) and whooped their asses! So years later, one of the guys wanted his revenge and asked me to play racquetball. The sport came pretty easy to me, but I just never realized how violent it can be. First off, I'm not used to those damn walls. So my shoulders and knees get banged up from hitting the walls. I've made instant bruises and goose-eggs. Even the floor has done some damage to my body. I've been pegged in my back and in my ass (and now my ear). I've been jacked to the floor by a 6'3 player. Suffice it to say, it's aggressive out there! But I love it! So thank you, Mark for the brutal introduction to racquetball and for the shot to the ear!

Racquetball anyone?

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
My friend's kids just walked into my office. Two cute boys: Daniel and Michael. They were awesome! They talked about farting and camping! We were all laughing so hard! Except for Frank (dad), who was hushing us the whole time. They just left and now I've got this huge smile on my heart!

I can't wait for Mathew to get older. But I know better than to rush his growing up, especially when time seems to be just flying right on by. He'll be 18 months in 2 days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin