Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Strong Enough

Am I really that strong?
Why does everyone think that I'm so strong?
I still hurt.
I still cry.
I still get lonely.
I still feel betrayed.
I still fall apart.
I still get angry.
I still feel sad.
I'm afraid.
I'm cynical.
I'm confused.
I'm not strong, I'm a wreck.

What defines a strong person?

I remind myself that this recent discovery doesn't change the fact that he still left our marriage/our family like a coward.
I remind myself to be grateful he left me.
I remind myself I'm independent, I don't need a man.
I remind myself I have so much to live for and so much to give.
I remind myself that at the end of this experience I will come out on top.
I remind myself to believe. Believe in my karma.
Mostly, I remind myself that it's okay to feel less than strong. I'm only human!

Before I go, let me leave you with a few related quotes:
"What does not kill me makes me stronger."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are stronger in the broken places."
"A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"To err is human, to forgive divine."
~ Alexander Pope

"May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy."
~Author unknown

"I can handle anything that life throws at me - I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!"
~ Author unknown

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin