Friday, April 27, 2007

Quotes & Songs

In the last many months, I've turned to music and great sayings to help me cope. They've helped me regain focus, relate, remain positive, and sometimes just gave me a good cry.

Quotes:

They say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. ~Andy Warhol

Some pursue happiness - others create it. ~anonymous

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr. Seuss

I will be better than I would have been. ~a friend

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With out thoughts we make the world. ~Buddha

Thoughts have power; thoughts are energy. And you can make your world or break it by your own thinking. ~Susan Taylor

Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results. ~Anon

No one can ruin my day but me! ~don't know where that one came from

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. ~e.e. Cummings

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. ~Albert Einstein

Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will. ~From the movie Hope Floats

Lines from Songs:
In the best of times and in the worst of times
gotta keep looking at the skyline
not at the hole in the road.
~ Johnny Clegg, Your Time Will Come
I'll leave my heart wide open. I will love and have no fear.
~ Brad Paisely, When I Get Where I'm Going
I want a man by my side, not a boy who runs and hides.
~ Kelly Clarkson, Walk Away

No, life ain't always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life ain't always beautiful.
But it's a beautiful ride
~ Gary Allan, Life Ain't Always Beautiful

I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

But then I spent so many nights
just thinking how you done me wrong.
I grew strong.
I learned how to get along.
~ Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
It makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter!
~ Christina Aguilera, Fighter

But I'd rather walk alone than chase you around,
I'd rather fall myself than let you drag me down.
~ Ben Harper, Another Lonely Day

Songs:
Leave the Pieces by The Wreckers
Over it by Katherine McPhee
Shake it Off by Mariah Carey
What Goes Around Comes Around by Justin Timberlake
360 by Josh Hoge
Let Love In by Goo Goo Dolls
Wasted by Carrie Underwood
Never Again by Kelly Clarkson
What Hurts the Most and Stand by Rascal Flats
Settlin' by Sugarland
A Little Too Late by Toby Keith
Awful, Beautiful Life by Darryl Worley
Don't Make Me by Blake Shelton

Seriously, this list can go on and on…

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
I am a hopeless romantic!
I am missing/yearning romance, companionship and love in my life.
According to Urban dictionary, a hopeless romantic is a person who is in love with love. They believe in fairy tales and love. All hopeless romantics are idealists. They are sentimental dreamers, they are imaginative and they are fanciful when you get to know them. They often live with rose colored glasses on. They make love look like an art form with all the romantic things they do for their special someone. They think of love passionately. Never loses hope on love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin