Friday, April 20, 2007

My Mental Machine

I'm not lacking in my beauty sleep. I get about 8 hours of sleep every night (except for Wednesday night, my dancing night). I work out almost everyday (racquetball, running, weights, and Pilates). I take my vitamins almost daily (I'm forgetful, remember?). I eat healthy (maybe not adequately at times of stress). I don't drink caffeinated drinks. I'm in excellent condition. Yet, I still feel tired, pooped, zonked, and sleepy all the time. I wake up feeling tired. I'm sluggish at work. I'm taking naps on the weekend now (never used to). I yawn excessively (see Jeff, it's not you!). I simply lack energy.

It's all in my head, what I call my mental machine. It never stops, in constant motion (a blessing and a curse). It impacts me emotionally, spiritually, physically, socially, cognitively, and even intellectually. Currently, I seem to be in a state of mental overload, causing frequent but temporary meltdowns and mostly fatigue. I need to turn the machine OFF! I need to shutdown for a while. Any ideas how?

A mind is a terrible thing to overload. I need peace of mind.

I'm thinking I'm in need of another solo vacation. Spain comes to mind. What do you think, Ali-baba?

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
Did you know that most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain human life?

"I need to get my drink on!"

Funny Video:
http://sjl.funnyordie.com//v1/landing.php

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin