Friday, June 30, 2006

First Week Back

Today marks Mathew's first full week at day care. Today also marks my first full week back in the office since August. Wow! It's been that long. The week was not too bad for either of us. We are adjusting pretty quickly to "his" new and "my" old surroundings considering we have spent the last 9 months inseparable. I am overjoyed to see him grow up and become more independent...no crying on my part! But I do miss him.

By the end of this week, Mathew and I acquired a pretty nice schedule. Our morning starts by Mathew waking up around 6am, and follows with breastfeeding, changing diaper, walking the dog, I shower/get ready (while Mathew watches Baby Einstein), prepare lunch bag, feed him breakfast, change his clothes, and walk out the door. I visit him at the day care around 1-1:30pm for a breastfeeding. We play a bit and I go back to work. Pick him up at 5ish and off to the night time routine: walk the dog, play, dinner, bath time, breastfeeding, bed. And do that again the next day. Thank god for weekends!!!

So, about the daycare: Mathew started with a runny nose yesterday (to be expected). He loves to play and interact with the other kids. He waves and smiles when I say bye-bye, although a couple of times he cried. He started off not eating well, but that didn't last. He needs his food. He eats like a pig and doesn't refuse anything. They are working on his napping routine, which was even quite difficult for me. Overall, I think he loves it!

About my days back in the office: nothing new, keeping to myself, doing what I have to at work and leaving it behind when I go home, my priorities have obviously changed. No more political office BS, please! No more gossip! No more complaints! Just keep me out of it all, I don't want it. I just want to see my baby...I look forward in the morning to see him at lunch, then I look forward to picking him up.

The best part of this experience has been the HUGS and SMILES I get every time I see him. It brightens my day (I'm sure his too). I just love it, love it, love it! He recognizes me through the little window at the door, he speed crawls to me with the biggest SMILE ever, and gives me this bear HUG that I can't get out of (nor do I want to). He's awesome!

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin