Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Typical Boston Day

Today is a typical Boston day that I have come to know, but definitely not love:

Grey, rainy, cold, windy...
Boring, quiet, dull...
Traffic, rocky roads, construction...

My arthritis is acting up...knees, ankles/toes, hips/back, wrist/fingers...it sucks!!!!

Went into town yesterday (Boston that is - the parents live in Bridgewater, which is about 20 minutes - no traffic- away from the city) Yesterday was probably our last nice day here. Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, North End, Harbor walk, New England Aquarium, all still look familiar...I love the city and the history that goes with it...it's beautiful. Only one problem I see - Express, Gap, and company have moved in...slowly all the mom and pop shops are being bought out by big chain stores. Don't get me wrong I like shopping at these stores just like anyone else, but at the MALL...not a historic or vacation spot. Duval street in Key West is also being destroyed by these places. Newport, Rhode Island too! I'm sure it's happening everywhere...I think it's sad that they can just come in and ruin a small town, a vacation spot, a historic area...I boycott shopping at the stores in those locations! I know it doesn't do much, but that's my way of sticking it to them...LOL!

For those of you familiar with the Big Dig, it's still going on - GEEZ ...a ten year project for the city that is now going on 20 years...yikes!

Today is Wednesday, spaghetti night!

So before I go to join the family for their Wednesday night tradition, let me leave you with this:
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult. - Charlotte Whitton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin