Monday, June 26, 2006

He's Back!

Phone rings and to my surprise its my husband. I gave him a speech, not to change his mind as much as just to let it all out. Hours after my rant, he called me back. He wants to come back home and work on our marriage.

Don't come back out of guilt or obligation. Don't come back so you can say you tried just to leave later with no guilt. It will be hard work, but we can make it if we try,just the two of us. Who sings that song anyway? "Building castles in the sky...just the two of us, we can make it if we try..."

With empty promises in the past, only time will tell. I am remaining optimistic but airing on the side of caution.

So he's back, we shall see.

On another note, Mathew's first day at day care was great. The teacher's said he had a great time. He did fuss a little bit, but they said it was normal for a rookie. He definitely missed me. When I came by to visit around 1pm, he quickly scampered to me and gave me a hug and would not let go. It was the best HUG in the world. He did it again when I came back at 5pm. It was so sweet. It melted my heart, my little prince charming!

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
We all have a childhood dream that when there is love, everything goes like silk, but the reality is that marriage requires a lot of compromise.
More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin