Monday, October 9, 2006

Toy Packaging

Okay, so what is up with toy packages? Why does it have to be so damn hard to get the toy out of the box? My son is sitting there looking at this colorful, musical toy and all he wants to do is play with it. It took me a minimum of 20 minutes to open each toy package. Depending on the complexity of the toy, it was a lot longer. I needed scissors, screw drivers, nails, and my teeth. First the package is taped up on every side at least in 2 places. Then the toy is within another box of packaging, which is then secured by these metal tie wraps that are twisted ridiculously and tied to these plastic belt-like clips. Scissors are not always the easy answer to these twisty ties. Is it really necessary to package toys like this? These toys survive being dropped, thrown, and banged around. What is the point of all this security? If only the government can protect our nation's security the way manufacturing companies protect and secure their toys. Where are the creative people to come up with a simple protective packaging technique? The battery manufacturing companies have finally created a better package for batteries. Remember, trying to open battery packs on the go. It was impossible. Now, battery packages come with this handy perforated tab to pull and open the package, et voila! No worries, no hassle! So you know it can be done, but why hasn't it been done yet for toys or CDs. Why have they invented tools and gadgets to open CD packages instead of just reinventing a new package? It's ridiculously stupid and frustrating! I hate stupid people! Stupid people in this case are the manufacturing companies designing these packages.

Okay so there's my 10 minute bitch session.

Mathew's party was just great fun. We both had such a blast. The cake was a messy situation. I have my brother Philippe to thank for that. Put it this way, I felt like I was at a pie throwing contest and Mathew and I were the faculty at college getting tortured by our students for some fundraiser. Pictures coming soon. By the end of the day, Mathew was walking around in a sugar delirious drunken stupor. He passed out in the car and even puked a bit too. Wow, and he's only one. Imagine when he turns 21! At home, we opened all the gifts. Mathew loved his new toys! At the end of the night, mom enjoyed her well-needed jasmine aroma bath. It was a beautiful day!

Before I go, let me leave you with this devastating thought:
What if the hokey pokey is not what it's all about?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin