Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hard Life

I hate it when people bitch about having a hard life. Because really, don't we all have hard lives...or actually maybe life isn't hard at all, it's just life. But let's just say, for this blog sake, that "hard life" is defined as an event or series of unforeseen circumstances that is not something wished upon or desired. With that said, I repeat, don't we all have hard lives? We can get technical here and talk about the different levels of hardships, but ultimately I believe that only you can decide if you want to live a hard life or not. It doesn't matter if you are rich, famous, or influential. Life doesn't discriminate. We will all be dealt crappy hands from time to time. The question is how do you deal with it? How do you react to life when life happens? To me, this is what defines you, your life. I believe in the power of positive attitude. There is always something to live for, to make you happy. So Choose! Decide! It's your life, dammit!

"Thoughts have power; thoughts are energy. And you can make your world or break it by your own thinking." ~ Susan Taylor

Before I go, let me leave you with a quote I found inspiring during a time when I worked for a condescending boss. This boss made my life a living hell. I hated getting up in the morning, I became a cautious worker, scared to say something, and afraid to work too hard or too little...I was miserable. My life at home was all about her; complaining, crying, and reliving the horrible moments at work. I had to put an end to this. I realized that no matter what I did or said, she will still be the same condescending boss. So why live miserably. No, I did not quit my job. I chose to change my attitude and accept the things I cannot change. It wasn't easy. But it changed my life. My life was my own again. From this day, I remember this experience and how it can relate to everything else in my life (work, love, family, friends) I posted this quote in my office as a daily reminder:

No one can ruin my day, but me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin