Sunday, October 1, 2006

October

Wow! I can't believe October is already here. Time sure flies when you're having fun or when you are a mommy! Mathew will be "1" this Wednesday...wow! A year ago today, I was all belly and ready to pop him out. Life was great then...I had my whole life planned, the family, the dog, the house, the white picket fence, etc. All my dreams were coming true little by little. And well my life got flipped upside down. My whole course of life got derailed and (what I thought at the time) devastated any chance of future happiness. But after the train wreck, after I picked up the pieces, I noticed life is still great! I have a beautiful, healthy, loving son! He is my everything. As I fight back tears right now, all I can think about is how blessed I am. Mathew makes me so strong. I obviously never wanted this for myself...you know being a single mom at thirty. But now that I am here, I am so proud of myself and where I am today. I always believed in the strength within myself, but it wasn't until I was tested that I realized how strong and resilient I can be. I know my capabilities are endless now. I have so much to look forward to. This year has been a hell of an emotional ride and I wouldn't change any of it. The best part of this year is motherhood. Motherhood suits me. It was what I was meant to be. I love being a mom! And when I explain all of this to my friends who still ask me about my situation, they can see this true happiness inside of me, this glow. I'm glad that it shows…because I really am happy and happy that life turned out the way it did for me.

Ironically, the song I am listening to as I am writing this is "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" by Gary Allen (see lyrics below). I think I posted the lyrics to this song before, but oh well, you need to read them again.

Before I go, let me leave you with another Dr. Seuss quote (I love Dr. Seuss):
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."



Lyrics for Song: Life Ain't Always Beautiful by Gary Allen


Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggle makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has it's own way of takin' it sweet time

[chorus]
No,life ain't always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

Life ain't always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way

But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has it's own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin