Friday, July 13, 2007

Drama Queen

I feel like my life has been one drama story after the next. I am starting to feel like the kind of friend that only likes to talk about themselves. How annoying, right? I am the newly crowned drama queen!

Current drama (condensed version): Social Security Card Office lost my application packet, along with original passport, original social security card, and original divorce decree. So not only am I back to square one in reverting my name back, but I have at least 10 more things to do; protect my identity, report a lost passport, pay for a new one, obtain a new certified divorce decree at the Courthouse, and personally walk and WAIT in a social security office to re-apply for a name change on my social security card. Argh!!!!! My life seems like it's on this roll of shit, crappy luck! Does it ever end? When will my luck start to change? It's gotta go up from here, right?!

The answers from the wise one's around me: One day, you will laugh about it. Or it only makes you stronger. Or it could be a lot worse. God won't give you something you can't handle. Keep your chin up. You've come this far. You've got your health. Blah, blah, blah…just let me have my ten minute drama queen bitch session!

I understand life is never easy. It's how we handle, react, respond, and deal with our circumstances that determine our quality of life. I'd like to think I handle adversity quite well. But that doesn't mean I can't have my emotional breakdowns or my grumpy moods. At my breaking point this week, I wanted to jump off a cliff. Now that I'm leveled off, I just want to hug my son!

In the best of times and in the worst of times
gotta keep looking at the skyline
not at a hole in the road
lyrics from song by Johnny Clegg & Savuka

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
The one thing that frees me of life's stresses and worries is my son. When he's with me all the troubles around me lose their existence. All I need is my pookie. He's my savior!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin