Thursday, March 30, 2006

Regrets

I regret not going to my Aunt's funeral. I was thirteen and was told I shouldn't go.

I regret losing my virginity on a drunken high night.

I regret not spending more time with my first love before he left for college. I wonder what he's up to now.

I regret not letting go sooner. I've lost some friends being so damn stubborn and unforgiving.

I regret not leaving Florida for College.

I regret not begging for forgiveness later rather than asking for permission and being refused.

I regret not articulating my opinions about religion to my family from the beginning.

I regret having feared my Father when I was younger.

But if I lived my life differently I would not be where I am today. And I love my life! But I will put my regrets behind me and live my life for today.

Before I go, let me leave you with a quote from Kenny Chesney:
"Regrets. In a way, they define us those things we wish we'd done differently. They can be small things that seemed scary at the time like skinny-dipping with the girl you really liked, or standing up to a bully or something that didn't seem to matter that made all the difference in the world, whether it's spending more time with a parent before they're gone or giving in for someone you love. Anyone who says they have no regrets isn't human. To me, this song embraces it and reminds me to live every day so my regrets are all, or mostly, behind me. If you can do that, then you have a pretty good game plan for living your life."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin