Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My American Dream

Why is everyone moving to North Carolina?

I first wanted to move to North Carolina for College, but never quite made it further than Broward County. Toni, Kristen, Burak, and Michael all moved to NC. Lauren, Will, Dave, and Mike are all contemplating the move to NC.

And as for me:

The road will lead us somewhere. It might not be soon, but one day...I will live in a small house on a huge land, where the closest neighbor is a drive away. The grocery store is in town at least 20 minutes away, oh and it's called a town, not a city. The shops are not commercialized. No McDonalds or Burger King. Life is Pure, Life is Simple! This is me!

I love the country, not the city. I'm a home girl, not a party girl. I love greenery and land, not the zero lot lines. I love neighbors from a distant, not through my window. I love quaint hometown shops, not the GAP. I love mom and pop Italian Restaurants, not the Olive Garden. I love the bars, not the hip-hop night clubs. I love the sounds of nature, not sirens and horns. I just need to get where I'm going. This is me!

Before I go, let me leave you with one thought:
We all can find something in common within each of us, even if our differences encompass:
Language
Culture
Religion
Beliefs
Morals
Skin Color
Politics
Lifestyle
Society
Education
Money
Life
Experiences
Illness
Physical

ALL OF US are the same.
Ignorance is the root of all evil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin