Friday, January 1, 2010

be grateful to everyone

be grateful to everyone

this proverb is one of 59 proverbs used in the practice of lojong.
Lojong is a mind training practice in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition based on a set of proverbs used to refine one's intent and way of thinking. They are designed "as a set of antidotes to undesired mental habits, paranoia, and fixed ideas that cause suffering."

here's my homage to this proverb:

I am grateful to everyone.
I am grateful to you...

to the one who didn't believe in me and doubted my ability, I am grateful, for you strengthened my resolve and reinforced my determination.

to the one who broke my heart and didn't bother to look back, I am grateful, for you have empowered my independence and deepened my self-confidence.

to the one who doesn't listen and only cares of oneself, I am grateful, for you have bestowed more patience and intensified my compassion.

to the one who shattered my trust and lies without hesitation, I am grateful, for you have increased my wisdom and personal integrity.

to the one who stole from me a loved one, I am grateful, for you have tested my faith, nourished my belief system, and in the process, developed my new appreciation of life.

I am grateful to everyone, for you have made me a strong, compassionate, resilient, successful, self-empowered woman.

I am grateful.
I am grateful to you.
I am grateful to everyone!

~sol

2 comments:

septembermom said...

Gorgeous. Beautifully written. So much to think about. Gratitude cannot be overdone. Thanks.

sol said...

Thank you Kelly :))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin