Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BPPV

My eyes are not just the window to my soul, but the window to my inner ears.

The ENG testing I had today measures my normal and involuntary rapid eye movements to find the problems in how the inner ear, brain, or nerves connecting them work. Essentially, they have to intentionally make you feel dizzy to get a reading of your eye movement. UGH! So today, I was intentionally dizzy and nauseous for testing purposes. I'm still not feeling on steady ground.

So the reason behind this testing, I never mentioned previously...

Two weeks ago, I had an extremely bad case of vertigo, complete with the loss of balance, nausea, and vomiting. It lasted almost 5 hours and slowly tapered down for the whole week following. After two ENT visits, hearing tests, MRI, and now ENG (oh and lots of $$$) later, I am "unofficially" diagnosed with BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo). Treatment is surprisingly physical therapy. I will also be looking into acupuncture.

Did I mention that nausea and vomiting are the worst symptoms EVER!?!?!

Before I go, let me leave you with today's date:
11.11 - Three months later...Robin, you are never far from my thoughts and always in my heart! ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love ya, friend!

Camile

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin