Friday, June 22, 2007

Golf Anyone?

Golf, not a sport I ever expected to enjoy. I tried it out for the first time yesterday (took the day off from work. Nice, huh?) I would say I was pretty good for the first time. I impressed my friend, the golf enthusiast. He wanted to practice on the range first to see if I was even worthy of playing golf. And of course, I was. We played 9 holes. My drives were pretty straight down the line (when I did hit them). I didn't keep score of my holes, since most of them were way above par. But I did notice my score when I hit a par and a birdie! WOO-HOO! Must have been beginner's luck!

I was surprised to find that I was physically tired before even finishing the nine holes. I am also a bit sore in the back and obliques. I definitely noticed how intricately complicated, frustrating, demanding, and emotionally draining this sport is, which is why I want to go back and play some more.

Golf Anyone?

Before I go, let me leave you with this thought I had last night:
Ever notice how frequently we compare human life to a dog's life?

Puppy love
Sick as a dog
Hair of the dog
Dog tired
Let sleeping dogs lie
Working like a dog
In the dog house
The tail wagging the dog
It's a dog eat dog world
It's a dog's life

I believe if dogs could talk they would be human, except with a much better understanding of unconditional love, loyalty, and affection. As humans we could take a few life lessons from a dog. Maybe it's the humans that need to be trained.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin