Sunday, February 8, 2009

Treadmill

Did you know that a treadmill can be used for a many things other than running, walking, and jogging? I discovered the 'other' uses from previous treadmill owners.

My treadmill will not be used as a seat, trash receptacle, or a clothes hamper. It will not collect dust and it will not be forgotten. My treadmill will be my new gym. As a single mom, it is difficult to get to the gym on a regular schedule, if at all. I have a small window of opportunity to go; basically when my son is in school (school is open between 7:30am - 5:30pm).

The main problem with my current gym routine is I'm rushing...always rushing!

If I go during lunch hour, I'm rushing, checking the time every five minutes, and need to take a shower.

If I go in the morning, I'm rushing to get out of the house, rushing in the gym to get to work, checking the time every five minutes, and will need too work at home to make up for lost time.

If I skip out of work early, I'm rushing, checking the time every five minutes, will need to work at home to make up for lost time, will need to shower at home, which will result in less quality time with Mathew and result in leaving him unattended (again)..and that's just risky and scary.

Do you see my dilemma? I don't go to the gym to lose weight or fulfill some diet plan. I go for me, for my psyche. It's SO needed! And when I go to the gym under the above conditions, it just doesn't help the psyche very much. You could even say it hinders my psyche even more. Instead of my mind running wild (clearing the psyche), it is being rushed, thinking of time, and not feeling at ease at all.

The rantings in my head while at the gym: Okay, I can actually squeeze in 30 minutes of running, 10 minutes stretching with a quick shower. Ten minutes pass. Do I really have time for all of that. no, I'll be late. okay so what if I cut my running time to 25 minutes. five minutes pass. shit I'm not comfortable feeling rushed so let me go stretch now. stretching now. i should probably leave now if i want to make it in time. seriously!? this is in my head every freaking time! how do i get my mind to rest under these conditions?! My mind doesn't need anymore rantings than it already has. LOL!

I remember the days before Mathew when I used to wake up at 5am every morning to go to the gym. I even had time to have a hearty breakfast. And well NOW...I get to do that again in the comforts of my own home with Mathew nearby. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Plus, I can workout on weekends and have normal lunch hours now! YAY :)

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
I see a Smart car in Florida at least once a day now! It looks like Americans are getting smart after the last 8 years of Dee Dee Dee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to discover the "Pura Vida" lifestyle.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin