Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Love You, Earth


I firmly believe that earth, mother nature, you, me, us, we are all connected
connected by an inexplicable, unscientifically proven energy
an energy that drives us, that connects us
whether we can feel it or not
it's there and this is my god
I feel so deeply and spiritually connected to this energy, this earth
don't you?

sunsets move me. they take my breath away. each sunset unique like a thumbprint in the sky. no crayon in the box can match the fusion of colors. the layers in the sky evoke a sense of serenity. the sun rays last beams of the day sound like angels singing hallelujah. it's so heavenly.

sunrises are so graceful. they find there way in your heart. like a sunset, also incomparable to the one before. the peaking rays arise a feeling of hope. a new day has begun in the most extraordinary way. amazing.

trees touch my heart. they fill my heart with joy. trees with leaves. trees with flowers. trees with fruit. bare trees. colored trunks. trees. trees. trees. i love trees. i can see them move to music like a ballet dancer. an elegant beauty. each tree has a story. it's empowering.

the ocean humbles me. the vastness calms my spirits. the unknown mysteries below captivate me. creatures yet to be discovered. menacing and ominous, yet brotherly and inviting. the waves working in rhythm, crashing in crescendo. the tempo ever-changing. like a never-ending classical music piece. breathtaking.

lightning strikes me in awe. it's beauty fleeting and so unexpected. a vivid charge of light streaking through the night sky. I see blues, purples, pinks and whites combined to make an electric spark. enthralled with sounds of thunder close behind. exhilarating.

clearly I can go on and describe everything i love about mother earth; like the glorious mountains, the feel of the wind on my face, the blue skies and clouds, the ominous evening black drop, the endless amount of stars, the animals and creatures that roam along side us, cascading waterfalls, lakes, volcanoes, and wow, so much more. I'm even riveted by her magnificent power during her ugliest hour. I'm not a hippie, tree-hugger, granola, or whatever you may perceive. I just love earth. not just beacuse it's my home. but more because it's part of me, you, us...
do you hear it?
do you see it?
can you feel it?
am I the only one?

I am blessed to feel so connected to mother earth. I can see, hear, and feel mother earth and the messages the world sends me. I only hope I can pass this kindred connection to my son.

I love you, Earth!
Thank you!




1 comment:

septembermom said...

Terrific post. Written wonderfully. I'm going to save this to share with my children. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin