Monday, April 5, 2010

A Precious Human Life



Everyday, think as you wake up,
today I am fortunate to have woken up.
I am alive; I have a precious human life.
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use
all my energies to develop myself
to expand my heart out to others,
to achieve enlightenment for
the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have kind
thoughts towards others;
I am not going to get angry
or think badly of others.
I am going to benefit others
as much as i can.


- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

...just had to share. it's too good not to. this should be a daily mantra to all.

for those of you interested: On Wednesday, April 7, 2010, at 8:00 p.m. ET, PBS will bring to life Siddhartha and his journey in THE BUDDHA, a two-hour documentary directed by award-winning filmmaker David Grubin. check out your local listings at: pbs.org

4 comments:

Southpaw said...

Beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Deboshree said...

Lovely thought Sol! Thanks for sharing ^.^

Love
Deboshree

septembermom said...

Empowering words. Thank you for sharing about the documentary. I'll check it out.

Sara Louise said...

That documentary should be interesting, I'll see if I can watch it on the internet :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin