Friday, April 9, 2010

Peaceful Mind

Lately, and I'm talking long over a month now, I've been dealing with many trivial life annoyances. I'm not going to bother you with the details of every incident, even though quite a few of them are humorous, like the one where a skateboarder on campus ran into my car and called me an asshole driver (ha!) or the one of me getting whiplash from sledding (yes, sledding) into a car. The point is I have nothing to complain about cause life is good. Yet, I have this nagging feeling in my heart and mind that won't dissipate. I can't put it into words...it's just a "feeling." Like the cosmic alignment is off or there's a full moon everyday. I just can't seem to get away from weird things happening, nagging feelings, and annoyances. I can't seem to get past it or above it. It's like I'm in the vast ocean water and this nagging undertow is trying to submerge me and bring me down. I manage to swim away...but only momentarily, for it follows me around like a doomsday cloud. I'm physically and emotionally tired and drained. Would someone throw me an inflatable pool float? I want to be lounging around, looking up, peacefully, relaxing and soaking in the sun, and best of all to get me out and above all these troubled waters.

I'm seeking a peaceful mind. So back to the Buddha basics: prayers and meditation

may I be well, may I be safe, may I be happy, may i be peaceful
may I be well, may I be safe, may I be happy, may i be peaceful
may I be well, may I be safe, may I be happy, may i be peaceful
may I be well, may I be safe, may I be happy, may i be peaceful
may I be well, may I be safe, may I be happy, may i be peaceful

o' peaceful mind, where art thou?

2 comments:

septembermom said...

I know what you are feeling. I always have this nagging feeling of unease within me. I'm blessed to have a lovely family, but I can't shake this sense of emptiness at times. I like to think that it's my creativity calling out to me to create. I guess we're always searching for our "center."

Sara Louise said...

I'm with you!! But don't worry, it will all get back to normal soon :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin