Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Sunshine

my eyes are closed but I’m clearly alert
to the shuffling of your feet and
the quiet whispering of your breath
as you clumsily wriggle your way in
my heart smiles and feels oh so loved
I fall in and out of peaceful sleep
with the warmth of you by my side

as the morning dew forms outside
you start rustling in the sheets
I feel your loving eyes upon me
waiting and wanting for me to wake
I feel sweet hands upon my face
followed by a heavenly embrace
and a delicate kiss
I faint a smile and look back at you
and see the person who stole my heart forever

He’s my son and he calls me mama!

~sol

To the little man whose been sneaking in my bed the last couple of weeks…I love you! You are the best thing that ever happened to me!

Before I go, I have to share another beautiful moment with the love of my life:
Mathew sang a song to me this morning in the car on the way to school. It was the first time I ever heard him sing it. He learned the words at school. It was “the” song I sang to him regularly when he was a baby in my arms. I sang it like this, while he sang it to me the old-fashioned (sadder) way.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You’ll always know dear
How much I love you
More and more every passing day

1 comment:

Kristina said...

For the past week, when its Zack's bedtime, he askes to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room. Depending on his position (amazing how a 3 yr old can take up a king size bed), I either let him stay or move him to his room. Last night I moved him to his room. At 3am he woke up crying to come back into bed with us...of course I let him! I love how he snuggles up next to me and will often put his arms around me. It so sweet and wonderful. I'm so happy for you that you can share that beautiful moment with Mathew too!
oh and that song is one of Zack's favorites, Dave's mom taught it to him!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin