Thursday, February 22, 2007

myspace.com

On this day a year ago, I signed up with myspace.com. I joined by the request of my friend, Ali, who currently lives in Spain. I thank her for my addiction to myspace.

I currently have 82 friends (and still counting). Here is the breakdown of where I met these 82 friends: I reunited with 27 high school friends; 8 from college, 14 from work, 11 family members are on here, 13 friends by association of other friends/family, 8 deleted accounts, and I can't forget TOM, which equals 82.

Because of myspace, I've reconnected with old friends.

Because of myspace, I've made new friendships with old acquaintances.

Because of myspace, I've reunited with some lost family members.

Because of myspace, I can express myself in writing (blogs).

Because of myspace, I can share updated pictures of Mathew (and myself).

Because of myspace, I can share videos too.

Because of myspace, I can be creative with my expressions of love for Mathew.

Because of myspace, I take more unnecessary breaks at work (to log on).

Because of myspace, I can spread love by way of comments.

Because of myspace, I feel loved!

Thank you myspace.com!


Before I go, let me leave you with this poem I discovered as a young girl. It reinforces my beliefs in the power of positive thinking:
If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win but you think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out of the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will -
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise;
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battle doesn't always go
To stronger or faster men;
But sooner or later the man who wins,
Is the one who thinks he can.

~ Walter D. Wintle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin