Monday, July 18, 2011

dumping out the grain of sand in my shoe

Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe.

- Robert Service, a Canadian poet



...today, I am dumping out the grain of sand in my shoe.


This is a re-posted blog quote! i find that I'm in need of this reminder and resolution!

i tried music to let go of the sand in my shoe.
i tried writing to let go of the sand in my shoe.
I tried venting to let go of the sand in my shoe.
and it wasn't till this quote popped back into my head, that I remembered to just dump out the sand in my shoe!

note to self:
you are doing the best you can, where you are, with what you have,
knowing that you can't change certain things.
so fuck those petty annoyances
and focus your energy on all the worthwhile things in your life

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin