Monday, June 29, 2009

Conversations with Mathew

After 10 long days…

This morning, I was resting my eyes on my couch waiting…then I heard it…the little knuckles rapping on my door. I had an immediate smile and bounce in my step. We barely made it in the house before I was mugged by his kissing. Sometimes, he kisses me so hard that my neck hurts. That’s the kind of kiss I got this morning.

Once we get inside, Mathew says, “Mama, I have to tell you some things.”
I said, “Okay, let’s sit down.”

So, we sat on the stairs and talked for a while. I sneaked in kisses and snuggles through out our talk. He first tells me that he “missed me soooo much!” Of course, I told him I did too! Then, he went on about the last 10 days. He told me that he stayed in a hotel room with his dad. And that he didn’t get to swim in the pool because of the rain. He did see the sea lions at Sea World. He said that Maggie (his half-sister) was too little to go on the Killer Whale ride. He just talked and talked. I love his stories.

After about 20 minutes, I told him we had to get going to go to school. But we talked some more in the car ride. I asked him some questions, like did you ride the Disney bus? No, he said, “but we did ride on a train!” I asked him what rides he went on; tea cups, no! dumbo, yes! He told me he saw the castle.

I asked if went on the splash mountain ride (we went on it a couple months ago). His reply: “Noooo! I didn’t want to.” I asked him, “How come? Were you scared?” He said “no, I told daddy I only wanted to ride that one with mama!” You can only imagine my reaction to that one…YIPPY!!!! :)

At one point, he asked me how my days were. I told him that I was thinking about him a lot. I went out with some friends. I watched a lot of TV. Then he asks me “Did you do any drawing?” I have no idea where that came from…but he was right! “Yes, I did!” I told him about the tree that I drew. And I described to him the new tattoo I was getting. He asked me if he can see it. Soon, hopefully! He asked if I made any paintings. I said no, I used pencils only this time. He said, “Oh, ok!”

We were almost at school and he says to me,“Mama, can you spend some time with me?” “Of course sweetie!!!” Then he says, “Can you pick me up after nap time?” I exclaimed, “Yes, I will pick you up early and we will hang out together!”

Dropping him off in his classroom was a little hard this time (for both of us). I didn’t want to leave and he didn’t want me to leave. I stuck around for a bit and played with the trains with him. Then it was time for me to go to work. Phooey!

I look forward to picking him up and hanging out with my little man. I feel revived! My world is back home! Life is good :)

I have the best kid in the world!

2 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

"Yeah I live for little moments like that...."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin