Monday, December 18, 2006

Forgetful

Generally, I have a bad memory. Most of my high school years were a blur. And lots of my relationships were too. But when it comes to MY life, I am organized and efficient. I don't forget things. I know where everything is. I am on top of everything in my life. I am not one to be called "spacey" or "scatterbrain," but if the shoe fits...

I remember reading somewhere that when you are pregnant you may experience absentmindedness and forgetfulness. During my pregnancy, I noticed my brain begin to develop a haze. This foggy brain has not cleared up. I forget things, lots of things! And last night, was my worst incident yet. I hope it doesn't get any worse than this.

At 8:30pm, I let Harley out back on his leash. I was picking up things around the house, cleaning, and doing laundry. Around 9:30 I decided to go to sleep. I read a new book for a little bit and dozed off. At 11pm, my doorbell rings. Who could that be? I thought I was dreaming or something. It was my neighbor letting me know that Harley is crying and his leash is stuck in the bushes. OMG!!!! I forgot all about Harley. I was wondering where he was when he didn't follow me upstairs. How horrible! I forgot my 4-legged son. I am such a bad mother! Just please don't let it get any worse than this.

Other forgetful moments:

Just last Thursday night, I got locked out of my own house. I took Harley and Mathew for a walk. I use the garage door and bring the clicker with me. However, I forgot to unlock the electrical locking system from the inside. So when we got back, the clicker didn't work. Luckily, my friend Bridget who has a spare key was home (and lives close by). This has happened to me at least 3-4 times. Thank you, Bridget!

I have forgotten to tighten Mathew's car seat straps. Scary! I have left my drink on top of my car. I have misplaced items, such as keys, phone and apparently most of my brain cells. I have forgotten lunch dates, doctor appointments, Mortgage payments, and more things of this nature. I started to carry around my work calendar (paper) and a separate notebook (which is filled with notes, reminders, and things to do), and obviously this is not helping. I hate this feeling of overload, where I can't function at my optimal level. I just truly hate being this forgetful. It's not me! SO

My gift to myself this year is a Palm Pilot. I should be getting it in the mail this week. Once I do, my calendar and to-do lists will be a click away. I will set the alarm to remind me of things. I will use color coding. It will be heavenly! I will carry it with me everywhere I go. It will take over part of my brain (at least 128 MB of it). So now I will have more memory space so that maybe I won't forget about Harley anymore.

Before I go, let me leave you with this:
This weekend I reunited with an old high school friend (thanks to myspace)! Cheers to a new/old friendship!

At this time in my life, this is what I need most, friends! I am so grateful for my friends. They have given me strength, courage, and power during these unbearable times.

Here is one of my favorite friend quotes:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing to us for our families."

You have no idea how suiting this is.
Thank you, friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin