Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sharing is Caring

I am an official organ donor. are you?

Yes I know it's against the Jewish religion, but so are tattoos, eating bacon, christmas trees, and marrying catholics. so why stop now ;)

no seriously, religion aside...my body is a vessel for the me that's inside. if my body, this vessel is a gift allotted for my time here on earth and I have no need for it when my soul moves on, why not share it with those in need. Sharing is caring after all. and what is this world left with, if without caring and compassion?

As an organ, tissue, and eye donor I can save up to eight lives. This is a true donation and gift of life! A final act of kindness as you depart.

For those that are interested to register and live in Florida, click here! Residents from other states can go here!

In the spirit of sharing and in light of the holiday cheer, he are some quotes to remind us about compassion, kindness, and giving:
  • Don't think of organ donations as giving up part of yourself to keep a total stranger alive. It's really a total stranger giving up almost all of themselves to keep part of you alive. ~ Unknown
  • Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. ~Dr. Seuss
  • We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~Winston Churchill
  • The only gift is a portion of thyself. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
and these are from the Dalai Lama:
  • Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.
  • My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
  • Compassion creates a positive, friendly atmosphere.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin